Wednesday, May 16, 2012

fresh from the oven.... Mmmmm

I understand that I am in the beginning of a love affair and that all this energy and
excitement cannot maintain this height for long,
but...
while I am in this renewed sense of creativity,
I am taking it by its harness and flying.

I also signed up for a marathon. Well,
not really.
But I did apply to a craft show in Asheville. A pretty popular local venue for
artist.
I was excited but not too hopeful... because rejection is one of those consistent
realms in the art world that can bring you down, way down, 

like that nasty scale in the morning... telling you lies about your worth.

So, I was pleasantly, with a dash of giddy, surprised to find that I got in.
It is the Big Crafty. July 8th. Downtown Asheville.

So it is my clay marathon. I am training, and practicing and experimenting with what
will work, what I love, and what other people comment on with excitement.

Here are some of the pots fresh from the oven:























1 comment:

  1. oh dang! you are making me want to throw some red clay!!! These are fabulous and of course you got in to the show, with work like this?!?! You are going to sell lots :)

    ReplyDelete